Saturday, January 19, 2019

St. Rumwold the Infant Prodigy

sketchbook illustration of St. Rumwold

Abbess Cynethrith and the Bishop are chatting in the opening scene of Courting Trouble.
“Abbess, do you remember blessed St. Rumwold, the infant prodigy?”
“Yes,” I said.
“Though he only lived on this earth three days, God gave him the gift of speech, and do you know what he preached about?”
“Yes,” I said.
“He preached about the most blessed and heavenly Trinity.”
“Yes,” I said. “I often wish the young would hold their tongues.” Because I’m old, I can get away with remarks like this. People think I didn’t understand what they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Enchanted Evening

In Courting Trouble a young warrior is eager to prove himself. He goes in search of conquest. Along the way, he is directed to an encha...