Saturday, January 12, 2019

Meet Abbess Cynethrith


This is the first appearance of Cynethrith in Courting Trouble by Elaine Drew. She is an abbess, but not particularly holy.

 When we first meet Cynthrith she is the Abbess of Whitburh. She' a little cranky and lets us know pretty quickly that she probably isn't entirely holy. From Courting Trouble

You’ve heard my story already. Or rather, you think you have. I’ve heard it myself a few times on visits to my grandchildren, bellowed out in the hall by some whelp too green to know a thing about it—and too dim to realize that the source of his fable is sitting right in front of him. I think that’s why the old die in the end: we get so disgusted with young people.
Speaking of disgusting young people, did I tell you about the bishop’s visit last week?. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Enchanted Evening

In Courting Trouble a young warrior is eager to prove himself. He goes in search of conquest. Along the way, he is directed to an encha...