Sunday, October 13, 2019

At the Enchanted Castle

Egbert looks for a worthy opponent
In Scene 14 of "Courting Trouble" Egbert tells of an adventure he had long ago. In search of a conquest worthy of his youthful vision of his ability, he goes to an enchanted castle. I'll let him tell you what he first encounters:
I entered a garden that was unlike any garden I had ever seen. Its herbs produced leaves big enough to hide a man and giant flowers that glowed white in the dark. They were as fragrant as honeysuckle on a summer’s night. In the distance I saw the largest and grandest palace I have ever seen. It gleamed golden in the black night as if its walls were on fire. When I knocked at the door it was opened by a beautiful maiden, and when I went inside I saw nineteen more. . . . 
I think Egbert is in trouble already; what do you think?




No comments:

Post a Comment

An Enchanted Evening

In Courting Trouble a young warrior is eager to prove himself. He goes in search of conquest. Along the way, he is directed to an encha...