Sunday, February 24, 2019

Meet Osbert, the Village Leader


Osbert presses Cynethrith to get her family to go along with the village scheme to hide valuables from the king

Osbert is the unofficial leader of the village in the novel Courting Trouble. He and the villagers are scheming to prevent the king from imposing higher taxes. Their idea is to hide most of their wealth. In this drawing he is pressing Cynethrith to persuade her family to go along with the plan. Here's how Cynethrith sees Osbert: 
Osbert was tall and handsome and I, like everyone else in the village, enjoyed hearing him talk. He had a tiny little wife that he doted on; I was never sure why. I didn’t dislike her, but sometimes I used to imagine all the different ways she might die and how I would console Osbert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

An Enchanted Evening

In Courting Trouble a young warrior is eager to prove himself. He goes in search of conquest. Along the way, he is directed to an encha...